Sevai (Idiyappam) are more healthy and tasty because they are steam food and easy to digest. The flavored ones are endless these days at food outlets. I always love the Lemon flavored sev as it can be made in a jiffy unlike other flavored ones.
Sev- 1 packet
Turmeric- 1 tsp
Curry leaves- few
Mustard- 1 tsp
Urad Dhal- 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves- Few
Salt- as per taste
Oil- 2 tsp
Green Chilly or red chilly - 2 nos
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Fry mustard, cumin, curry leaves, turmeric and chilly.
- Add salt.
- Add sev and mix well.
- Put off the flame.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney (Recipe here).
- Add fresh lime and do not heat it thereafter.
- While juicing lime add a piece of ginger adds more flavor to the lemon sev.