Kathrika bhaji was a dish I got introduced to after marriage. This is a regular breakfast on sundays at my husband's place. This is very yummy dish and I do this more often for my one year old and he loves it.
This is great with idly and ok with dosa and uthapam.
Despite the recipe quoted below, you can add ridge gourd or any vegetables of your choice and follow the same recipe. Tastes really yumm.
Garli- 3 pods
Red chillies- 4
Salt as per taste
Mustard- 1 tbsp
Oil- 2 tsp
Coriander leaves- for garnishing
- Wash and cut tomatoes and brinjal.
- Peel garlic.
- Take a pressure cooker and cook brinjal, tomato, garlic and red chillies with 4 cups of water and salt.
- Chop garlic into fine pieces.
- Once pressure cooking is done, save the stock water and transfer the cooked ingredients to a mixer grinder.
- Blend to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry onions and mustard in oil.
- Add stock water and the ground paste.
- Allow to boil and check salt.
- Remove from fire and tranfer contents to bowl.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with steaming idlies.