Oil- for deep frying
Water for blanching
Salt- 1 tbsp
Chilli Powder- for seasoning
- Peel potatoes and cut them lengthwise as shown in the picture.
- Allow water to boil, add salt and put the potato strips.
- Let them blanch.
- Place the blanced potatoes on a kitchen towel to absorb excess water.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry french fries.
- Remove from oil and season with chilli powder or pepper.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
Points to be Noted:
- Potaoes that are lond are well suited for this recipe.
- Blanching is mandatory or you will end up eating uncooked ones.
- While blanching add salt.