I thank my grandma that she made this for me. I miss my Kerala so much.
Rice- 1 cup
Salt a pinch
Vellum(Jaggery)- 1 cup
Banana leaves- 5-6
- Shred coconut and powder jaggery.
- Soak rice for 1 hour and drain water.
- Spread rice in a clean towel and dry for 30 minutes.
- Dry grind soaked rice with a pinch of salt.
- Dry roast this powder.
- Make a thick batter by sprinkling some hot water.
- Batter is ready.
- Take clean plantain leaf and place a ball of batter.
- Press it and spread it on the leaf (Refer picture)
- Place some shredded coconut and jaggery.
- Close the plantain leaf as show in the picture.
- Steam cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.