Coriander- 1 cup (Chopped)
Tamarind- 1 small gooseberry size
Salt as per taste
Coconut-1/2 cup (shredded)
Green chillies- 4
Urad dhall- 1/2 cup
Musatard- 1 tbsp
Curry leaves- few
Oil- 3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry coriander and coconut together. Once they are fried remove from kadai and keep aside.
- In the same kadai- Fry urad dhall, tamarind, green chillies and salt. Remove this from kadai and leep aside.
- Again- fry curry leaves and mustard.
- Grind the coriander and coconut to a paste.
- Separately grind the green chillies, tamarind and urad dhall to a fine powder.
- Now mix the paste, powder and seasoned mustard with rice and toss well.
- Yummy mint rice ready.
- Serve hot with egg fry (Recipe HERE).
Points to be Noted:
- Tamarind adds a tangy taste so try not to miss it.
- Adding more urad dhall gives a crunchy feel so roast it till golden brown.