Today's recipe is chetinad prawn gravy. So these chetinad dishes are spicy yummy dishes and if you like spicy dishes you can't miss this. Prawn is my favorite seafood and i love chetinad cuisine. Why not try a combo of both.
Prawns- 1 kg
Fennel seeds- 2 tbsp
Jeera (Cumin)- 1 tbsp
Red chilli seeds- 1 tbsp
Curry leaves -few
Onion- 5 (For more gravy use more onions)
Chillipowder- 1 tbsp+1 tbsp
salt as per taste
Green chillies- 4
Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
Curry masala powder- 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves- 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Oil- 100 ml
- Clean prawn and devein them.
- Marinate with 1 tbsp chilli powder and salt.
- Heat a pressure cooker with oil.
- When oil is well heated add red chilli seeds, fennel seeds, cumin and green chillies.
- Fry them well.
- Add onions and fry them well.
- Grind these to a smooth paste.
- Heat some oil in a pressure cooker again and add curry leaves and ginger garlic paste.
- Fry them well and add the ground paste.
- Add chilli powder, curry masala powder and garam masala and coriander leaves.
- Add salt, marinated prawns and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- After pressure comes down open the pressure cooker and stir them gently.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.