Rasam is one of the life saver at times when we are not well. Even if there is not much to eat, a simple rasam rice and omlette will do. Rasam is just like soup made with medicinal ingredients which soothes us during cold. A cup of hot rasam with some extra pepper during rainy season is just yumm...
So here is the recipe of a simple paruppu rasam..
Garlic- 6 pods
Jeera- 1 tbsp
Pepper corns- 1 tbsp
Curry leaves few
Coriander leaves few
Tamarind extract- 1 cup'Oil- 2 tbsp (Gingelly oil preferred)
Dhall- 1 cup
Jeera- 1 tsp
Garlic- 5 pods
Water- 3 cups
Turmeric- a pinch
- Chop onion, tomato, garlic and keep aside.
- Pressure cook the dhall with tomato, garlic, jeera, turmeric and take the cooked water from it.
- Crush jeera, garlic, pepper corns using pestle and mortar.
- Heat a kadai with oil.
- Fry curry leaves, onion, garlic and green chillies.
- Add crushed garlic, pepper, jeera and fry well.
- Add tamarind extract and dhall water.
- Bring it to boil.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Remove from stove.
- Relish a cup of rasam hot and steamy.
- With the cooked dhall you can make Dhall Curry.