Dhall CurryIn continuation with our RASAM recipe where we have boiled dhall, this is to show how to make dhall curry. With one time cooking 2 recipes can be made. Dhall curry with some rice and ghee is a very tasty and nutritious dish and kids love them too.
Dhall (Thur dhall)- 1 cup
Turmeric- a pinch
Jeera- 1 tbsp
Garlic- 3 pods
Green Chillies- 3
Water- 3 cups
Salt as per taste
Oil- 2 tbsp
Curry leaves few
Mustard- 1 tsp
- Clean and wash dhall and soak in some wayer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes drain water and keep dhall aside.
- Chop garlic and tomato and green chillies.
- Take a pressure cooker and add dhall, turmeric, tomato, jeera, turmeric, salt and water.
- Pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Now open the cooker and use that water to make rasam. You can find the recipe HERE
- Heat a kadai with oil.
- Fry mustard, onion, tomato, green chillies, curry leaves. (Reserve few pieces of tomato for frying- Rest cook along with dhall).
- Add cooked thoor dhall and stir well.
- Serve hot with some rice and ghee.